GPS for 911 calls

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Mon Mar 5 16:51:21 CET 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 16:17, Ian Stirling wrote:
> Unfortunately, I suspect a 'say GPS coordinates' button on the 911
> screen may be the most compatible way.

Not sure if coordinates are going to help you much, a 'closest' real-life
address might be more helpful, but it's a question just how close is there
something you can reference to electronically. Also, not sure about the per
country implementation, f.e. our 911 here does not really like automated
calls (automated alerts & silent alarms go to a different number and are
generally not available through mobile phones).