GPS for 911 calls

Martin Lefkowitz lefko at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 5 19:09:58 CET 2007

There is an IETF group (BOF?) looking into this.  802.11k and v are also
trying to provide some solutions, but they are uncoordinated as far as I
know.  IMHO it needs to be an IETF solution because of the converged
devices that are cropping up.  I'm not sure anyone has lifted their
heads out of -- the sand -- yet on this though.

Marty