AGPS - protocol specs?

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Mar 8 12:57:12 CET 2007

Hi!
I am interested in doing a little research on the AGPS part. As far as I
understood the used Hammerhead chip will dump out the more or less raw
GPS data into userland which will then need to be post-processed in
order to get the usual NMEA or whatever messages.

Well the post processing can be very interesting and probably there can
be done more than just spitting out NMEA - there way more information in
teh GPS data stream than that.

There are also several open source projects wrting their own GPS
firmware doing exactly this post processing.

But for this tas one needs at least a quite minimum knoeledge about the
data format and contents of the raw data that is output from the
Hammerhead chip. I visited their site but was unable to find any useful
information.

So, can OpenMoko provide at least somemore information about that chip
and especially its output?
That would be really great!

Thanks!

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535