What moblie service to get, part 2

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Fri Mar 9 23:20:53 CET 2007

mathew davis wrote:

>   you also don't _need_ to sign up for
> a data plan, but I would bet if your getting this for the neo1973 you
> will have more features like google maps, internet browsing, and many
> other features that would require a data plan.

Thanks by why don't I need to sign up for a data plan? Can I get on the
web/internet without a data plan? Can I "dial" up like I asked in my
last email?

And if I can, then couldn't I just get google maps by opening up a web
browser on my neo and going to maps.google.com, what's the advantage of
a data plan?

> What services are you looking for?  You should check the wiki I think it

As in what cell phone service plans- tmobile, cingular, contracts, sim
cards, data plans, prepaid. what plans will it work with.  This seems
like an obvious set of common questions.  The only thing I found on the
wiki was "A: Wikipedia has a list of providers and technologies here. A
brief look gives the impression that T-Mobile and Cingular (which is
renaming itself AT&T) seem to be the only major ones."  That's not enough.

thanks