Crossroads

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Mar 13 20:47:10 CET 2007

Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> I HIGHLY doubt (I'd actually be willing to bet) that the Neo is
> incapable of working with the US carriers.  Now, that doesn't mean
> that it will be easy in the first few weeks/months of the developers
> edition of the device, but it is not a hardware limitation.  So, don't
> worry about whether or not you will be able to get onto the
> network...you will.  It just may require a little elbow grease to get
> it working.  However, if you actually did read the wiki, the
> developers edition is NOT meant for non-technical users, or users that
> can't handle bugs.
Just to clarify, I'm betting that the Neo WILL be able to get onto the
networks via GPRS.  I know there is a lot of discussion, but GSM and
GPRS are standardized protocols.  Therefore, if the NEO hardware is able
to implement these standards, then it WILL be able to get onto the
network (which I'm willing to bet that it does).

Sorry to be condescending, in that last email, but it was written in a
somewhat arrogant tone.  So, please no bad blood on the mail list.

Bottom line, you WILL be able to use the Neo on GPRS networks in the
US.  My other email has the plans that will work.  Again, they may take
some additional work to get up and running, but eventually it will work
and will be a much more user-friendly experience.  But if you want a
phone during the developers phase, then don't count on it happening
within a specific timetable unless you are willing to do the work yourself.