Crossroads

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Mar 13 23:54:35 CET 2007

Mike wrote:
> SmartPhone Connect and Data Connect ONLY?
>
> All t-mobile data plans will work? All?
>
> Are you with the openmoko project or is your advice conjecture?  Is
> your advice official?
>
> This is my point.
>
> I would shut up since on this subthread, I look like the only one with
> the problem.  But if you read my "What mobile plan..." thread, you'd
> find others with similar questions and confusion.
First of all, if you can't accept help from anyone other than and
"official" OpenMoko developer, then you probably should not be a part of
this community.  We will make things work together by helping each
other.  There are only a few "official" OpenMoko developers, but there
are many of us here in the community that will give you a hand if you
will allow us.

That said, PLEASE ALLOW ME TO HELP YOU! (It's amazing that I have to beg
you for permission to help you).

T-Mobile
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_Data
http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/default.aspx?plancategory=7

The stand-alone data plans are more expensive.  I can only speak from my
personal experience in that I pay $19.95/month for unlimited internet as
an add-on to my voice plan.  I'm sorry that I cannot find a direct link
to an "official" site that says this is possible/available.  However,
I'm just speculating that it is still available.

Cingular
http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Cingular_Data_Plans
If you read, both Smartphone Connect and PDA Connect have unlimited
access to wap.cingular.com  I've looked into this pretty extensively as
I was considering switching to Cingular (from T-Mobile) due to coverage
at my house.  I talked to an "offical" Cingular representative on the
phone.  He said that I could use my PocketPC on the Smartphone Connect
plan.  Therefore, in my "non-official" opinion, you should be able to
use the Neo on the Smartphone Connect Plan.  It costs $19.95/month.