I know why I dislike anonymous participants on mailinglists :( (

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Wed Mar 14 16:21:28 CET 2007

That suggests that the isp apn does not use nat. If so that's cool. OTOH all (admittingly European carriers) do nat for internet access. OTOH the wap apns provide a walled garden that include a wap proxy that allows surfing http sites.

Despite how many people associate internet==IE, having a proxy that allows http access, massaging the content when accessed is not "normal" Internet access.

OTOH, one can build a tunnel through http, but it's a pita. add gprs speeds, plus the wap proxy and it gets a PITA.

Andreas