I know why I dislike anonymous participants on mailinglists :( (

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Wed Mar 14 16:36:20 CET 2007

NAT makes life harder for a VPN, but not impossible.

The easiest case is if you've got a machine tucked away someplace that
doesn't use NAT, you can use it as an openvpn server and have all the
clients hidden behind NATed firewalls.  That's actually what I do --
I've got an old machine under my desk named miskatonic.cs.nmsu.edu for
a VPN server, with a client on my NATed home network, on somebody elses's
NATed home network for theatre work, and on my laptop (which may be
connected in any sort of weird and wonderful way depending on where I
am at the moment).