Crossroads

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Wed Mar 14 17:46:59 CET 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007 17:10, Mike wrote:
> I had thought this would be like other third party electronics- like
> third party phone chargers for example- which do specify (and guarantee)
> what they'll work with. I guess not.

Metaphorically speaking, you're looking at the wrong end of the charger here.
There is no guarantee or official stance of the charger manufacturer which
power company is or isn't able to provide service to your device (and under
what legal conditions) from their power grid. It likely just says AC 110V.
Same here, FIC just says that you need a x/y/z MHz GSM network. The other end
of the charger which is specifically tied to the device and connects it to
the network is the SIM card and I'm pretty sure FIC will guarantee that you
will be able to put in a SIM card in the phone :)