[openmoko-announce] Crossroads

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Wed Mar 14 18:35:21 CET 2007

Dnia środa, 14 marca 2007, Imre Kaloz napisał:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:07:45 +0100, Grahame Jordan <gjordan at geicp.com>

> > What about the  Marvell® 88W8385 module used on the wifistix
> > Open source drivers can be found at http://gumstix.com

> No open source drivers for that either. If you check the Makefile of
> the wireless driver [1], you can see that they are using a binary-only
> driver for 6 months now [2].

They provide binary driver built from Marvell provided sources. Older
version of sources are available for download on SparkLAN website. No
information about license inside.

OLPC project use 88w8388 connected to USB bus. Holger Schurig works on
adding 88w8385 support into their driver (which evolved from one of
version of that 'no license' one). From my informations this chipset can
also be connected via SPI and there are companies which produce it in SMT
form.

http://www.embeddedworks.net/newsite/WLAN/oem_SMD_80211g.html lists few
modules which are 9.6 (L) x 9.6 (W) x 1.7 (H) [mm] and support 802.11g

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                 We are the Knights who say: MOVE.L USP,A1