Questions Regarding OpenMoko Summer of Code

Anil Franklin anilnf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 09:02:46 CET 2007

Hello All,

It's great to see OpenMoko participating in Google Summer of Code!

I am a student and am excited about participating in SoC; I have a few
queries:

a) Is it a good idea to propose projects which have not been listed at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Summer_of_code or on the Wish List?

b) There can be two kinds of projects - (1) projects which extend the
OpenMoko
framework and development environment (say stuff like adding language
bindings).
(2) Projects which *use* OpenMoko for doing interesting/unusual things -
things which
one doesn't really expect a phone to do. What kind of project has a greater
chance of
getting accepted?

Thanks and Regards,
Anil N.F