Proposal: Personal Data Encryption (maybe SoC?)

Joel Newkirk moko at newkirk.us
Sun Mar 18 07:19:09 CET 2007

Tobias Gruetzmacher wrote:

> What I'm proposing is a user-friendly encryption scheme of the data the
> user stores in his phone, so any illegitimate user will not be able to
> get personal data about the owner of the phone.

> Greetings, Tobi

I'd like a good gestural interface for authentication - a passphrase or
password would be a pain with a mini virtual keyboard, a pincode would
remain a pain in many situations, a personalized fingertip doodle would
be great.  Present a virtual keypad but allow a finger-drawn character
or shape to authenticate.