Proposal: Personal Data Encryption (maybe SoC?)

Tobias Gruetzmacher nospam at portfolio16.de
Mon Mar 19 19:23:43 CET 2007

Hi,

Am Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:28:28 +0100 schrieb Sven Neuhaus:
> With regards to encryption - it'd be great if microSD cards can contain
> dm-crypt'ed partitions. It's probably rather trivial to add this.

Partitions are a major usability nightmare IMHO. That is the reason my
proposal focused on encfs/ecryptfs, which both are "layered" encryption
"file systems". This removes the requirement to set a fixed size for the
encrypted space and makes it easy to use standard tools to backup the
encrypted data.

Greetings, Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/