Proposal: Personal Data Encryption (maybe SoC?)

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:13:53 CET 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:03, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hope my notes above are helpful...

Hehe that's great. At least I am certain that you and I are on the same
page now.  I thought from my very quick glance at truecrypt that it
could encrypt individual files also but I have not had a hard look and
so no definite answer there from me.

I know there are many many solutions to encryption and it would be nice
to have a mechanism to install and use whatever the user wanted to setup
and configure.

Say gpg provider where you specify your keyring..
Or Encryptfs, truecrypt, LUKS, name your encryption method, whatever and
handle the technical issues only once at install/config time maybe with
recommended parameters based on the device and expected use or
something. /shrug.

Your ahead of me on looking at the code.
--Tim