Gestures and Unicode Input

Alexander E Genaud alex.list at genaud.org
Thu Mar 22 11:01:14 CET 2007

[Gestures and Unicode Input]

Gestures, in lieu of passwords, is a brilliant idea and I hope it can
be done. However, it sounds deterministically fuzzy/difficult. Even
Picaso did not sketch the exact thing twice. Other input methods such
as Shapewriting are also very promising. However, none seem to allow
large character ranges (Unicode).

Beyond passwords, if we (geeks) don't mind memorizing specific symbols
and character points, 32 or 64 symbols (UTF-5) could map 1-1 and onto
the entire 10FFFF Unicode set. A conceptual 3x3 grid, such as
suggested by Henryk Plötz, could grant about 50 unambiguous symbols.

=====
 123
 456
 789