Flash Player 9 on OpenMoko?

Henryk Plötz henryk at openmoko.org
Thu Mar 22 18:12:11 CET 2007

Moin,

Am Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:31:03 -0400 schrieb hank williams:

> As I see it, not having a real version of flash makes openmoko much
> less disruptively competitive than it might otherwise be. Developing
> apps with flash really allows for the creation of much more
> sophisticated software much more quickly. Of course flash 9 is
> currently not compiled for ARM, but that will come.

I think nobody would seriously object having an optional, downloadable,
binary flash add-on. I think "currently not compiled for ARM" is a much
bigger problem than it seems. Currently Adobe's Flash is not even
available for x86_64. When I was wondering why nobody at Adobe seems to
have 64bit compiler I was told that part of the problem is that they
use a JIT compiler for Actionscript which happens to put out x86
opcodes. Good luck trying to get them port that to ARM.

--
Henryk Plötz
Grüße aus Berlin