UI long term development perspective: physics engine

adrian cockcroft adrian.cockcroft at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:34:37 CET 2007

While the initial phone doesn't have the power for OpenGL, the next
generation mobile CPUs do have graphics accelerators and OpenGL
support. I think this is a very good direction to take, as a follow-on
project, but not for the initial development.

Some simple parts of the physics engine may be useful to start with,
but would need to be coded to avoid using floating point math. If we
can define a common and extensible API to a physics engine that can
have simple/integer and advanced versions, then we can smooth the
transition.

Adrian