Wishlist: IR LED (was Freq Range?)

Alan Ide gamebeavis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 19:16:06 CET 2007

This was actually my second thought. My initial thought was to simply use
the sound port to produce an IR signal, but I have also thought about doing
it exactly the way you mentioned based on the fact I would have to switch
from sound to IR, which would just annoy me. However I wouldnt have any idea
where to start on sending a signal through one of the unused IO pins. I have
currently started working on a GUI and framework for a rather robust and
user friendly universal remote, if anyone would be willing to show me how to
send a few bites of data through an unused IO port attached to an IR
transmitter, and inform me which IO pin to use, I could very easily have a
nice utility to share with you all.

The first time I saw the Neo I realized how this 1 piece of hardware could
replace so many of the pieces I carry around now. I plan on using it for my
phone, pda, MP3 player, media player, remote control, etc etc. Hell I would
turn it into my tooth brush if I could.