Problem compiling openmoko with MokoMakefile

Gary Oliver go at L5.org
Sat Mar 24 08:54:43 CET 2007

I've been trying to get the openmoko build (using the super Makefile)
to go for the last few days without complete success.

I believe I've followed the instructions with respect to the system
requirements, and the build DOES get through about 12 hours of work
(about 400meg has been downloaded and the build directory contains
about 5 Gb before failing, so it seems to be quite well along.

The failure comes at:

NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_fetch: completed
NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_unpack: started
NOTE: Unpacking /home/go/Projects/openmoko/sources/gtk+-2.10.9.tar.bz2
/home/go/Projects/openmoko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-linux/gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0/
NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_unpack: completed
NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_patch: started
NOTE: Applying patch 'no-xwc.patch'
ERROR: Error in executing:
/home/go/Projects/openmoko/openembedded/packages/gtk+/gtk+-directfb_2.10.9.bb
ERROR: Exception:exceptions.IOError Message:[Errno 2] No such file or
directory:
'/home/go/Projects/openmoko/openembedded/packages/gtk+/files/./no-xwc.patch'

Which appears to be a failure to apply a patchfile "no-xwc.patch" which
doesn't seem to be part of the source tree at this point.  The "files"
directory contains only "migration.patch".

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what bit of detail in the instructions
did I fail to notice that's causing this?

FYI I have tried building from complete scratch a number of times
(blowing away everything except the Makefile) in hopes that I'd
simply polluted my local tree somehow.  Didn't fix it.

A quick google for this file netted me several different variations, so
am not quite sure what "no-xwc" patches are required for OE/OpenMoko.

Am running a fairly stock Debian "testing" system on an 32 bit AMD
platform.  No apparent shortage of disk space.

Thanks for any help,
Gary