Problem compiling openmoko with MokoMakefile

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at scarlet.be
Sat Mar 24 12:30:37 CET 2007

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 00:54 -0700, Gary Oliver wrote:
> I've been trying to get the openmoko build (using the super Makefile)
> to go for the last few days without complete success.
>
> I believe I've followed the instructions with respect to the system
> requirements, and the build DOES get through about 12 hours of work
> (about 400meg has been downloaded and the build directory contains
> about 5 Gb before failing, so it seems to be quite well along.
>
> The failure comes at:
>
> NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_fetch: completed
> NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_unpack: started
> NOTE: Unpacking /home/go/Projects/openmoko/sources/gtk+-2.10.9.tar.bz2
> /home/go/Projects/openmoko/build/tmp/work/armv4t-linux/gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0/
> NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_unpack: completed
> NOTE: package gtk+-directfb-2.10.9-r0: task do_patch: started
> NOTE: Applying patch 'no-xwc.patch'
> ERROR: Error in executing:
> /home/go/Projects/openmoko/openembedded/packages/gtk+/gtk+-directfb_2.10.9.bb
> ERROR: Exception:exceptions.IOError Message:[Errno 2] No such file or
> directory:
> '/home/go/Projects/openmoko/openembedded/packages/gtk+/files/./no-xwc.patch'
>

> Which appears to be a failure to apply a patchfile "no-xwc.patch" which
> doesn't seem to be part of the source tree at this point.  The "files"
> directory contains only "migration.patch".
>
> Has anyone else seen this, and if so, what bit of detail in the instructions
> did I fail to notice that's causing this?

Well it seems that OE takes the wrong preferred provider for gtk. One
easy and dirty hack is removing
the /home/go/Projects/openmoko/openembedded/packages/gtk+/gtk
+-directfb_2.10.9.bb file.

However it makes monotone complain on update. I do not know if it hurts
the monotone update. However there must be a better solution I do not
know about.

Cheers,

Philippe