No stylus on V1 release?

Elrond elrond+openmoko.org at samba-tng.org
Sun Mar 25 16:36:11 CEST 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 08:16:46AM +0800, Clare Johnstone wrote:
> Dear all,
> This frightens me in my role as mother, grandmother etc, i.e. a
> representative of the public to which you hope to sell this phone.
> Essentially any laser device powerful enough to be useful has no place in
> a home which may ever have children in it. (Even quite old ones).
>
> clare

Hi Clare!

I like it, that you think about this.

But as all laser pointers are battery powered, what's about
just not putting batteries in the stylus? Okay, you wont be
able to use the torch, but if you feel better with a plain
stylus without any extras?

_Guessing_ from koen's "unboxing the neo" pictures, the
batteries are shipped seperately, so you just don't install
them in the first place and leave them in the box.

As one of those few who don't own a laser pointer/torch
thingy, I anyway wonder how long the batteries last...

    Elrond