No stylus on V1 release?

kkr kkr22.mpt56 at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 27 22:28:38 CEST 2007

Le mardi 27 mars 2007 à 18:07 +0800, Sean Moss-Pultz a écrit :
> On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 10:54 +0200, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 March 2007 01:16:46 Clare Johnstone wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > > This frightens me in my role as mother, grandmother etc, i.e. a
> > > representative of the public to which you hope to sell this phone.
> > > Essentially any laser device powerful enough to be useful has no
> > place in
> > > a home which may ever have children in it. (Even quite old ones).
> >
> > Basically, yes, laser pointers can be dangerous, however, actual
> > damage is not
> > very likely: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_pointer#Hazards.
> >
> > As for the rest, I agree with Joe.
>
> You could also just take the batteries out ;-)
>
> -Sean

IANAL, but as I've read on Internet, in England and in France, the
ownership of laser could be punished by the law... So, if his power
exceeds the maximum allowed (1 mW), it could be to seize by the
authorities (even without battery) and the owner fined for owning it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/laser-pointer
  The output power of a laser pointer is measured in milliwatts (mW).
  Typically in Europe/UK the legal requirement is that a laser pointer
  output not exceed 1 mW; in USA this output is limited to 5 mW for
  presentation lasers. Lasers with outputs over 5 mW need to be
  registered with the FDA in the USA.

Another interesting link :
  http://en.allexperts.com/e/l/la/laser_pointer.htm

In Switzerland, the sale to the minors (<18) is forbidden and all laser
pointers (any class) are illegal in football stadium.

So, in my case, I'll put it in a drawer and use the stylus of my HTC
Himalaya.

Perhaps would it be better to replace it by a normal stylus and save
some US$ (or replace it by a bigger SDCard)?

Or to propose it as an option (with extra charge)? As it would be nice
to have the choice of the SDCard capacity (and an extra charge for it,
of course).

Regard,