VoIP call transfer?

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Thu Mar 29 01:56:09 CEST 2007

Hi Jeff,

Grandcentral divert all calls from a pre-determined pstn number that
they assign (and cant be transferred to any other carrier so once you
sign up unless you are prepared to change all your business cards etc
you're stuck with them).

They then deliver all calls from their central server out to your cell,
your home your office phone etc.

Should you want to transfer from one extension to another you press 4 on
your keypad and then it makes all the extensions ring again and you
pickup again.

As discussed earlier you can do this using Asterisk HOWEVER as I already
said earlier, there is a very big difference between this and single
number FMC as desired. In addition the GPRS throughput and latency on
the NEO will not be sufficient to deliver voice quality of a MOS level
to be usable.

Like I said - you're dreaming, it's not going to happen with the current
generation of technology on either the customer premise or the carrier
side hardware, don't shoot the messenger just because you don't
appreciate what I'm saying.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd