VoIP call transfer?

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 11:52:23 CEST 2007

On 3/29/07, mathew davis <someoneinjapan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an itch that I would like to explain to you and give an idea of how
> to overcome that itch and see if that is possible or not, and if so a good
> idea or not.  So first here is my itch.  I have a VoIP phone at home which
> uses my WiFi connection to make calls using skype.  I like that it helps
> lower my cell phone bills a lot since I started a new business and it takes
> a lot of calls to make it sucessful.  But I am not always at home sometimes
> I am just 5 minutes out from home and recieve a phone call I talk on the way
> home and then to cut my minutes short I tell them I will call them right
> back and then hang up switch to my VoIP phone.  That gets old sometimes.
> Granted it is not a very big itch but it is annoying.

What you could do is this:

Setup Asterisk at your house.

Setup a teleconference with Asterisk.

Setup a phone at home that's always linked to the teleconference, then
to make a call:

Dial into the teleconference with your mobile.
Dial out from the teleconference with Asterisk.

When you get home, pick up your teleconference phone and hang up your mobile.

It would take some coding to get it all happening, but it could be
setup in a way that is easy to use.

btw. Skype is evil. eBay bought it and stated in their press release
they will be using it for direct marketing, so find another VoIP
provider.

> I have internet at home
> which has a 15Mbps transfer rate with a 1000GB cap so I should be free and
> clear with this.

Nice. In Australia that's the fastest net you can get and if you can
find a provider that offers over 100GB/month you're doing well. That
plan you're on would be US$800/month in Oz for a home user or
US$2,000+/month for business, so no one would bother offering it.