VoIP call transfer?

Henryk Plötz henryk at openmoko.org
Sat Mar 31 08:35:14 CEST 2007

Moin,

Am Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:08:28 -0700 schrieb Matthew S. Hamrick:

>  From an application perspective, I have a contact at eBay labs
> who's been pressuring the Skype team to release an ARM/Linux binary.

Just my 0.02 EUR at this: Skype is everything that the Neo is not.

It is the definition of closed-source, proprietory software. It does
ghastly things (google for "Silver Needle in the Skype" by Philippe
Biondi and Fabrice Desclaux) and a lot of open source developers in
their right minds would probably refuse to support Skype. And
it is controlled by a single vendor under US jurisdiction, which in
these days precludes from using it for anything that might be business
confidential.

My intuition tells me that it should be possible to set up this
functionality purely with open protocols/software and/or a local
provider that you can at least remotely trust.

IMHO all Neo VoIP work should turn away from Skype and focus on
SIP/IAX/H.323.

--
Henryk Plötz
Grüße aus Berlin