tomtom on the Neo1973

Patrick Beck beck-patrick at web.de
Sat Mar 31 18:26:32 CEST 2007

Am Samstag, den 31.03.2007, 16:01 +0200 schrieb Flemming Richter
Mikkelsen:

>Therefore I would like to support openstreetmap.org

For a navigation software is OSM not enough. Not many maps, will be the
problem.

> I think tomtom should be optional in addition to openstreetmap.
> Openstreetmap should not be replaced, and it should be easy to update
> openstreetmap. We could make some nice UI for that. But people have
> different needs; and for those that need detailed maps and can afford
> it, maybe tomtom is better.

Of course should tomtom a optional software. But the first target is
that tomtom sell it for the openmoko plattform.

I like the OSM-Project. I wish me a cool gui, and a good way to create
maps, log tracks and view maps one the Neo1973. And of course complete
maps ;)

But for car navi and so one, OSM will at the moment the wrong project.

I will contact tomtom later per email and ask my question ;)

Greets Patrick Beck