Size and weight considerations for future Openmoko devices

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Wed May 2 13:51:01 CEST 2007

Maciej Ligenza wrote:
> Sven,
>
> On 5/2/07, Sven Neuhaus <sven-openmoko at sven.de> wrote:
>> It's also the biggest. It weighs almost *twice* as much as the
>> LG Prada, despite having a smaller screen! [..cut..]
>> The iPhone has a *much bigger* screen than the Neo1973 and it's still
>> smaller and a lot lighter.
>
> Please consider dpi comparison in which Neo is unbeatable winner.

Well - yes.
But with antialiasing, at normal phone distances, telling between 140
and 280 DPI isn't trivial, with normal phone-sized text.

Yes, it makes the text a tiny bit sharper, and if you bring it to 20cm
from the eye, and have good eyes, you can read 80*25 text on it, but...
If you could knock off 50g by going to 240*320, I suspect I would.