Size and weight considerations for future Openmoko devices

wim delvaux wim.delvaux at adaptiveplanet.com
Thu May 3 11:26:57 CEST 2007

FWIW,

most of these 'light' phones do seem so 'fragile'.  It looks like any drop
from pocket or table might smash them to bits.  Less weight generally means
more flimsy devices.

I have had the NEO in my hands and although the numbers may make if sound like
it is chunky it is not AND when held gives you the feeling that it is rather
drop-safe.

Personally I prefer 'robustness' over 'light weight'.  (Hell, I still run
around with my NOKIA 6130 which to any modern standard looks like a brick,
but I lost track of how many times it dropped on the floor)