Size and weight considerations for future Openmoko devices

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri May 4 04:20:33 CEST 2007

IFAIK, correct me if I am mistaking, the heavy parts is the battery and the
plastic (and maybe the touch screen).

The phone is intended as a developer phone, and it has a lot of extra stuff
like gps, jTag, and more...
For me it is important that the phone is solid (don't break when I drop it)
and that I can change battery and sd card (remember that you can't even
change the battery in iPhone).

The functionality is most important. I can hook up usb gadgets to it, or
solder in some home brew hw. And I can write open source software for it.

I think future versions could be smaller but for now I am more than happy if
only I can get one. I don't care if it is 100g or 200g.

I understand that a light and small phone is good but a heavy phone is much
better than waiting 3 or 5 more months for a redesign.