Size and weight considerations for future Openmoko devices

Joe Pfeiffer jjpfeifferjr at comcast.net
Fri May 4 06:23:32 CEST 2007

Hans L writes:
>I know at least one simple fix for shaving off a few grams.  IMO there
>is really no reason to have *two* speakers in the phone.  Take one
>out.  AFAIK Stereo sound works best when the sources are far apart,
>but in this case they are essentially coming from the same point in
>space.

I'm afraid my suggestion related to the speakers wouldn't help space
or weight:  move one next to the mic.  If the unit is on its side for
watching a video (which would also give the biggest useablescreen
area), they would be as far apart as possible, and probably far enough
to have some stereo effect.