Size and weight considerations for future Openmoko devices

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri May 4 06:55:05 CEST 2007

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Hans L wrote:

> I know at least one simple fix for shaving off a few grams.  IMO there
> is really no reason to have *two* speakers in the phone.  Take one out.
> AFAIK Stereo sound works best when the sources are far apart, but in
> this case they are essentially coming from the same point in space.

Agreed. Stereo sound on devices like that is best through headphones. Now,
if one of the speakers was detachable via bluetooth, *THAT* would be cool.
But *OH* the battery headaches...

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0