GPRS while ringing?

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Mon May 7 09:38:59 CEST 2007

Joel Newkirk schrieb:
> Is it possible and feasible to establish a brief (3-5 seconds?) GPRS
> connection when ringing an incoming call?
>
> I've been thinking about callerid name lookups.

I guess not.
First of all GPRS connection setup can take longer than this - basically
the GPRS data connection is done using PPP.
Second, though not being a GSM expert, I think that voice call is not
possible during GPRS sessions. This would for me also mean that during
call signalling GPRS cannot be established - either the GPRS or teh
voice call will fail then.

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535