Input is possible without seeng the screen

Evgeny nad.oby at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:52:37 CEST 2007

I have seen many discussion about how to make possible input on
touchscreen wit-out seeing it. You don't have tactile anchor points
(buttons on regular phone).
Let's see what we can get from 2.4 inch touchscreen:
We have four corners, it pretty hard to miss thous points, and it'll
relatively easy for Joe Random User learn middle points in screen border
(for OpenMoko devs, guys you can place little buttons in middle points
to make it more easy), little training will enough.
Now you can use gesture matching, or rise buttons on tap or every thing
you want for text input, but you DO have anchor points.
This suggestion conflicts slightly with OpenMoko UI concept.

Little ASCII graphics to visualize, "+" stands for anchor points.
_____________________
|                    |
| +       +       +  |
|                    |