Sun JavaFx

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Thu May 10 13:11:12 CEST 2007

>>> That's correct. This is going to be very cool stuff. And the Neo is
>>> definitely very high on the list of devices I want to see this running
>>> on.
>>
>> If I understand correctly, JavaFX Script is going to be open source, but
>> JavaFX Script is not the whole of the 'JavaFX family'.
>>
>> Does this mean there will be non-open sourced parts in the stack
>> necessary
>> to use JavaFX Script?
>
> Sun has already said that JavaFX Mobile (the stuff you need for the
> phone) will be GPLed.
>
> So.. "no".

Well, this is not exactly true. Sun indeed said explicitly that
JavaFX-Script will be GPLd, but regarding JavaFX-Mobile, I read the
following :

"JavaFX Mobile, Sun's software system for mobile devices, is available via
OEM license to carriers, handset manufacturers and others seeking a
branded relationship with consumers"

source : http://www.sun.com/software/javafx/index.jsp

./Sander