opera for mobiles

openmokolist.50.minime at xoxy.net openmokolist.50.minime at xoxy.net
Fri May 11 13:09:34 CEST 2007

Right now I'm using Opera Mini on my Nokia6230, Opera Mini is J2ME
based. It's not browser by conventional means as it uses some
Opera-server for website customization and compression. As a Java Midlet
it does not take up to much memory by any means - hence it's not as
comfortable/convenient as any real browser ;-)

Where Opera Mini comes for free, a more smartphone adapted version
'Opera Mobile' is commonly sold to smartphone manufactures.

Opera Mini: http://mini.opera.com
Java-Applet-Simulator: http://www.operamini.com/demo/
Opera for devices:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_(Internet_suite)#Opera_for_devices

Just a thought. Opera is, of course, no open-source software.

minime/tim