Projection keyboards resource

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri May 11 14:12:23 CEST 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 13:53, Florent THIERY wrote:
> http://www.alpern.org/weblog/stories/2003/01/09/projectionKeyboards.html
> The article is quite old, but who knows if some of these companies
> would'nt wish to  integrate their technology with a mobile computing
> product ? The laser projected keyboards are quite interesting, i

Have you actually tried out some of these keyboards ? They get five stars for
coolness, but they are still more of a showcase than a usable product. I had
two or three models on testing but in the end I always reverted to on-screen
pecking, frustrated by the typing experience on these keyboards. They are
great for a 'press enter' sort of typing, but for text, especially if you are
a touch typist or use more than one or two fingers to type, it's not fun at
all. I'd take a stowaway bluetooth foldable keyboard over these anytime (and
those aren't perfect either :).