OpenMoko development under MacOS X

Krzysztof Kajkowski cayco at poczta.cayco.pl
Sun May 13 14:30:19 CEST 2007

Hello everyone!

There was some discussion on the lists some time ago and I wanted to
check if anything has changed.

I've made some quick research on subject of developing OpenMoko apps
on MacOS X. It appears that we could run MakoMakefile:

http://www.quantum-step.com/download/OpenMoko-Edition/oe

That's great!

I checked if there is any possibility to run QEMU's Neo1973 port on
Mac but it seems not possible right now. Compiling it as written on
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU does not work
because it requires gcc-3.3 which seems to be broken on MacOS -
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-February/001593.html

Compiling ends up with error: gcc-3.3: installation problem, cannot
exec `cc1': No such file or directory

Compiling neo1973 qemu with gcc-4.0: ./configure
--target-list=arm-softmmu --cc=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 --disable-gcc-check

gives you:
dyngen.c: In function 'gen_code':
dyngen.c:1853: error: 'struct relocation_info' has no member named 'r_offset'
dyngen.c:1854: error: 'struct relocation_info' has no member named 'r_offset'
dyngen.c:1858: error: 'struct relocation_info' has no member named 'r_offset'
dyngen.c:1872: error: 'struct relocation_info' has no member named 'r_offset'
dyngen.c:1915:2: error: #error unsupport object format
dyngen.c:1849: warning: unused variable 'type'
make: *** [dyngen] Error 1

But there is project: http://www.kju-app.org/kju/ that manages to
compile and run (very well) qemu under MacOS X. They are using
standart XCode Developer Tools so this could mean gcc-4.0.

I would be great if someone with grater knowledge on the subject could
combine kju and neo1973 emulators to make such emulator possible. What
do you think?

cayco