Durability of the Neo1973?

Duncan Hudson openmoko at dunc-it.com
Mon May 14 21:46:08 CEST 2007

alan at rotorgraphics.com wrote:
> Jefe..
>
> This is just my opinion here, but I don't see the Neo1973 to be a mass
> consumer device, nor do I think that is/was FIC's/OpenMoko's intent.  The
> 1973 is a SW Developer/"Bleeding Edge Adopter" platform.  Its a starting
> place and an incubator for ideas. I would not expect serious drop hardening
> until the third and fourth generation of the series.

Right, the first version isn't supposed to be a mass market consumer
device.  But I believe the intention
is that the version that was intended to ship in September was to be a
mass market device.

> And er, Sean...  How's that dang production run going?  Got my credit card
> in my breast pocket just waiting.

Well, the 1st production run was scheduled for the 10th, and it's now
the 14th.  We've yet to hear
a peep from anyone.  So, if I was a betting man I'd say that it either
didn't go off, or another
show stopper / slip causer popped up.

Dunc