Few comments after reading Wiki

Marcin Wiacek marcin at mwiacek.com
Wed May 16 18:52:14 CEST 2007

> > Why should a phone be better in this respect than a PC?
[...]
> There are some protections, but software is very limited in
> what it can do. Also, neither the MCU nor the Flash memory
> have any complementary protection mechanisms. (In the next
> device, also the MCU will have some reasonably good
> protection against the most common forms of accidental overwriting.)
>
> And no, I don't think we want to get into DRM ;-)

My 2 cents: I was thinking, that protection should make, that software run
on device/connected to it PC can't make it brick. Nothing about DRM. In
worst case device should start with default parameters and without
additional apps. But definitely shouldn't be dead. Second chip isn't good
idea. IMHO, the best is separating memory to two phisical chips and have
main software in first (with protection) and additional software/"HDD"
inside second (or protection should block writing to chip below specified
address).

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (www.gammu.org, www.mwiacek.com, I'm looking for a job)