accelerometer in neo?

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Wed May 16 18:59:27 CEST 2007

In addition to an accelerometer, the wii remote has a 1 megapixel
camera for sensing the position of two infrared leds at each end of
the sensor bar which is placed above or below your TV.  The
accelerometer measures motion and orientation, whereas the camera is
used for direct pointing / cursor movement.  (Any game/app that tells
you to point the wiimote at the screen)

Without a camera on the neo, you will not be able to emulate that part
of the wiimote functionality.  It might be possible to emulate the
nunchuck in some way(which doesn't use a camera, but has a thumbstick
and two buttons in addition to it's accelerometer), but it definitely
couldn't fully emulate the remote.

Hans L