Few comments after reading Wiki

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Wed May 16 19:09:44 CEST 2007

Ian Stirling wrote:
> Werner Almesberger wrote:
>> And no, I don't think we want to get into DRM ;-)
>
> I really think you do.

No, you don't. OPEN-Moko. You start throwing any sort of DRM in these
things and you will lose much of the community support that the moko needs.

> I want to be able to give this phone to my (hypothetical) employees.
> I do not want skilled lazy, employees able to - for example - edit their
> GPS logs which corroberate the inspections they are required to do.

If they are "skilled", then they are going to be able to circumvent any
kind of protection measures you put in place. Tip: get better
hypothetical employees.

> This is _not_ DRM that stops the owner of the phone doing stuff.

Any DRM hampers the owner from doing want they want. No DRM can "stop"
the owner, there is always a way around it.