Durability of the Neo1973?

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Wed May 16 19:22:32 CEST 2007

On May 16, 2007, at 8:03 AM, polz wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 May 2007 18:26:57 Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
>
>> Most all the parts are now at the factory. The May 10th run has been
>> delayed about two weeks because of last minute supply coordination
>> issues. But I'm still being told that we're on to have devices this
>> month.
> At least to me, the neo1973 is looking more and more like
> vapourware, an
> experiment in marketing, whose purpose is to:
>
> 1.) estimate the size of the potential market for OpenMoko devices
> 2.) see how long the hype will last.

So far we've shipped over 100 phones to developers around the world.
We've had more than our fair share of delays, but I really don't see
how you come to the conclusion that this is vaporware.

if there's a specific reasonable question you want to ask us, I
promise to answer. I don't (and won't) dodge questions.

-Sean