Few comments after reading Wiki

Marcin Wiacek marcin at mwiacek.com
Thu May 17 12:36:01 CEST 2007

> > 5. hav developers though about creating it on kind of x86
> compatible
> > platform ? I know, it could be more difficult to create energy
> > efficient device, but having PC in pocket (with ability to running
> > dos, windows after changing SD card) would be more than
> excellent....
>
> yes, i have. i don't know about any others though
>
> i'm waiting for via to release the pico-itx board they've
> been promising and will see what i can do with that to create
> a UMPC/phone/pda type combo. this board/cpu promises
> ultra-low power and hw accelerated video playback, looks very
> interesting and would be awesomely flexible/powerful
>
> as you say, the main issue is power - x86 isn't really
> optimized for anything as it's such a generalised
> architecture. my calcs at the moment on power are struggling
> to get more than a few hours use with a reasonable size battery

As I'm not hardware guy, I don't know if it has sence, but (of course, it
will be more diffiult than current):

Chipset will have support for CPU, RAM, flash, one USB hub. No SATA, PATA
and similiar.

Additionaly cpu 9something about 200 - 400 Mhz), ram, flash and devices
connected over usb...

Maybe this will be more exergy efective....

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (www.gammu.org, www.mwiacek.com, I'm looking for a job)