Status of phoneME?

John Seghers jseghers at cequint.com
Thu May 17 19:58:43 CEST 2007

I'm embarking on a project where I need to work at the c/c++ level under
J2ME and tie into the native phone stack as well.  I'm trying to determine
whether I should initially target OpenMoko or Qtopia's Greenphone initially.

One of the decision points in this for me is the question of whether phoneME
Feature has been ported to the platform.  I was pointed here by information
I got at the JavaOne conference and I've seen hints that such a port is in
progress for OpenMoko and/or Greenphone, but it has been very hard to
determine if such beasts actually exist.

Can someone fill me in on the status of phoneME on either of these devices?

- John