FCC Approval

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Mon May 21 05:16:00 CEST 2007

I wonder what percentage of a device can be pre-assembled and still
constitute a 'kit'

Section 15.23 Home-built devices.

(a) Equipment authorization is not required for devices that are not
marketed,

from a kit, and are built in quantities of five or less for personal
use.

(b) It is recognized that the individual builder of home-built equipment
may

means to perform the measurements for determining compliance with the
regulations.

builder is expected to employ good engineering practices to meet the
specified technical

greatest extent practicable. The provisions of Section 15.5 apply to
this equipment.

That's about as far as I bothered reading - I'll wait until there is an
official FIC response in the next 24-48 hours about how they intend to
supply orders in the USA before I bother reading any more.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net
<mailto:dean at cognation.net> +1-212-203-4357 Ph
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).

  <http://click.mexuar.com/webuser/click/7/userurl/Cognation>
<http://click.mexuar.com/webuser/nojs/7/userurl/Cognation>

view .......

> excuse me?? You're federal government - I pay my taxes - you work for
me!!

> If you don't want to make the rules available in a non proprietary
format then I think

> there should be a rule of the land that says we get to ignore them :)

> Regards,

> Dean Collins

> Cognation Pty Ltd

> dean at cognation.net

> +1-212-203-4357 Ph

the

> > > actual tranceiver is approved (and I assume it is), does that
carry