Neo1973 vs Future OpenMoko Devices - whats a buyer to do?

el jefe delito eljefedelito at gmail.com
Fri May 25 16:42:00 CEST 2007

I've not seen any of these devices except in the photos, and I've not seen
any video/screen capture of the software in its current state.  I understand
that this is a first-generation device, and that when the Neo1973 is
released that FIC will also be releasing a few additional 'secret' devices.
:)

If this first-generation phone isn't ready for general use, what is the
expected timeline for the next round of devices?  Will the second or third
generation devices be far superior to the first generation?  Or can I expect
to survive with the first-generation device and be happy with semi-rapid
development and release of improved software?

Sorry, I don't code so I cannot help with this aspect, but if the first
month of software/device use is difficult but improves rapidly, i could live
with that!