First impressions of Neo1973

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Sat May 26 00:34:43 CEST 2007

<snip>

> There is a small core team at the moment that's working on the 'vital'
> phone applications.
> The problems with speed are not inherent - simply that very little work
> has gone in to optimising the existing software, most work is going into
> adding essential features, and moving on to new broken bits as soon as it
> works, even though it may not be as fast as would be liked.

I for one would call this a feature: if there was nothing left to improve...
what would be the fun in buying one?

and the more optimised it gets, the smaller the group which can make
improvements (after a point you just really have to know the quirks of the
SoC).

Personally, I think this is the best news I've heard yet.
--
Jeff