optical input peripheral

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 26 10:29:40 CEST 2007

Bernardo Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi...
>
> some days ago three new apps appeared in the wiki's applications
> section.
>
> Two of them:
>
>  - Optical Character Recognition
>  - Barcode Recognition

I have added these, mainly for the reason to use the standard camera to
capture information one can use directly in e.g. email/SMS. Also in
Japan you will find these two dimensional barcode dicount coupons
everywhere.

While being on the subject of Japan. Is the NEO usable in Japan? Is it a
matter of only hardware or also which provider you use to be able to use
NEO in Japan? If anyone has some info, please let me know because it
would be a major selling point if it works easily in Japan.