GPS+sms apps

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Tue May 29 15:15:25 CEST 2007

I guess SMS is generally more accessable and tends to be a lot cheaper,
often free, in Toronto and most of Canada.  Phones could transmit
position continuously to a central server, or some centralized
mechanisim, and I'm thinking it would be much easier for a centralized
server program to notify phones reliably with SMS, rather then depend on
a data connection.

Basically by using SMS it would be a more accesable and reliable
application that could be run continously by the participants.  Tie it
into a social networking site maybe too.

Matt