Is Google developing a phone after all?

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri Nov 9 16:17:24 CET 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 15:00:19 thomas.cooksey at bt.com wrote:
> development. However, why would they go to all the trouble of porting
> Linux to a new SoC when there are many other already supported SoCs they
> could have used to develop on? I think this could be evidence that
> Google IS developing their own phone after all, one which will run
> Android.

I wouldn't be surprised if Google made a prototype/reference phone, for
testing (just like Trolltech did with the Greenphone) and to eliminate any
hardware obstacles/delays that might be caused by other manufacturers. I'm
not that certain that this automatically means this phone will be a
mainstream product pushed to end users.